Monday, December 1, 2008

WOW what a weekend!!!!!!!


I am so happy to start the year off right with an amazing classic sprint on Sunday. I was very confident coming into the sprint race. The ski's where amazing and so was the body. In the qualifier I followed my plan perfectly leaving a little juice for the last steep hill into the finish. With a big lounge across the line I looked at the score board and was stoked to see 21 beside my bib, YES I qualified. Now onto the heats which were really exciting with a fast down hill right off the start you really had to position your self well. I had all cylinders firing and moving up slowly from 5th to 2nd on the last hill. Then around the corner to the finishing stretch to 4th, this is where I made a small error with trying to be too quick and slipping back once or twice. But in the end I was just a hair to slow to move to the next round. I was very excited to start the sprint world cup now ranked 15th.

Sunday was a new day, but instead of me concentrating on that new opportunity, I was still thinking about the last day; Whops. I learned a lesson there and will remember to move on even after a good day of racing or bad day. It’s important to start fresh every each morning. My sleep was not the greatest either I was pretty excited all night. I know I have a lot better result in me for the next 15km classic in davos. Trust me on that.
Hope the racing is going well.

Stefan