Saturday, December 13, 2008

Davos Home away from Home.

Davos Home away from Home.


I love coming to Davos, the Kulm hotel does wonders for us, great food, beds, duvets, sauna, easy to get to the ski trails. Always great weather and lots of snow… Enough to make you want to go shred the alpine hill sometimes!!!! After arriving from Scandinavia we had a short stop here in Davos, then off to Grenoble for a city sprint.
Which is exciting it was a great prologue for me in skating. The heat’s where tight with everyone trying to position them selves for the final straight. I got in a tangle up with two other skier’s which ended not so well. I lost the group and finished 4th in heat and 17th overall. After that it was off to La Cluza which is a beautiful place and my first time there.

It was planned to raced the relay. In the end we had a team mate toss his cookies the night before so we had only 3 out of the 4 skier’s racing so we did not finish, but it was a good work out anyways.

We drove the next day back to Davos, ya ya ya. I got back into my normal routine for training. I was excited for the weekend to come along, classic 15km, and skate sprint perfect races for me to continue my great start on the world cup. I think with all the travel, my body had no stopping power against a head cold. I woke up on Wednesday morning, moved out of my room into a single room to insure not to get any of the other team mates sick. Since Wednesday I have been patient and sleeping and drinking lots of water. I made the call this morning before the race not to race. Very hard to not start a race with perfect tracks, and atmosphere. I hope to be in a better health for tomorrow the skate sprint, cross you fingers for me. It’s hard to chill and be patient but when the body says chill out you need to listen. So I hope to be back to normal health soon……