Monday, December 29, 2008

Home for the Holidays!!!!!

Home for the Holidays!!!!!

The team before we all go our own ways (davos sertig valley)


As much as i was disappointed about not being able to start the Tour De Ski due to not being healthy, i am really happy to come home and recharge the batteries and Enjoy some much needed family time. It was a good travel home other then not getting my luggage till 3 days later. We all know the airports in Canada where pretty overloaded with either snow, people or both. I was just happy to touch down in Calgary and make my way On highway 1 west to Canmore.



After taking 5 days off of training because of being sick made it impossible to ski well in the Davos which was a real downer, but as soon as the weekend is over the next weekend of racing was insight and that gives you something to smile about. I took an extra day off on Monday just to make sure the body had enough time, and energy to get rid of my head cold. Then the training started slowly, i only had time to do one hard session which was very difficult and i sure did not feel snappy like it did in Grenoble France skate sprint. So i was a Little nervous traveling to Dusseldorf on Friday. On the world cup if your not 100% healthy your going to get your but kicked. I had a good start number ( 8 ) I was still ranked in the top 30 for sprinting. I skied pretty good considering where i had come from being sick and missing a good chunk of training but it was not enough. So I packed my bags and hoped on the plan off to Canmore with a smile.



I took the Christmas time pretty chill with training and just enjoyed the festivities. and then saw off my wife at the airport she is going to go travel Costa Rica/ Belize / Nicaragua which is going to be allot of fun for here, but it was sad to see her go.

Now i am starting my ramp up of hours to get some volume for approximately 2 weeks and then taper it down for the Whistler world cups. The Canadians are going to rock house!!!!! We have some qualification races in Canmore on Jan 2-6th but i will just train through those and use them as good hard works outs, so that i am lighting fast in whistler.

see ya on the trails all bundled up!


Stefan