Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back on track to the European racing scene

Back on track to the European racing scene




I was not expecting to head to Europe this way. I am crossing the pond once more this season, I thought I would be heading to Europe to race at the World Championships but the powers above thought other wise. My plan has since change and now I am heading overseas to race OPA’s (B-world cups). I have had a crazy month with injury and not being able to race my own Canadian world cups, and then not being selected to the World champ team, WHAT THE!!!!!

But on the bright side I have recovered from my shoulder injury faster then most people thought I could. Now that I am not going to world champs I have had to make my own race plan and that is to race some very competitive OPA races. It will consist of two weekends of racing 5 races to be exact. One weekend in Germany and one weekend in Italy. My goal is to try hitting the top step of the podium during the weeks of racing. I have bin putting in a lot of hours since my injury, I believe that I am in good shape and I can’t wait to show how strong the Canadian contingent is. The weather here in Canmore has been pretty weird and the snow just does not want to cover the bow valley it’s a bizarre year for that. Across the pound is a different story there is no shortage of snow so the skiing will be wonderful where ever I go.




I really look forward to racing since it has been so long since I put a race bib on.