Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic's OH YA

Olympics OH YA

Well we are almost half way through the Olympics and it has been absolutely amazing.
I Came to Vancouver/Whistler on the 13th fully focused on the sprint which was happening on 17th. I had a few good days of training with beautiful sunshine which is Little unusual, but i definitely am enjoying it. I was Testing ski's a few days before and i must admit i was a little more nervous then any other race i have been in. Seeing the green Olympics rings hanging over the stadium and all the Canadian flags and fans it is pretty amazing.



On the 17th i got my focus on and ran the day as usual, in the qualifier the talk was about the down hill how fast and icy it was. All i could think is great another place i can make up some time. I qualified in 10th which was unreal and i was so pumped. Now my goal is to move through the quarters to the semi's and then hopefully the A final. I was matched up with the fast qualifier which i was pumped about. Game plan follow him to the line and be in top two at the finish.



I was skiing great in third place for the most part of the race. I skied the down hill at the half way point really well and i was moving into second when the Russian skied right into me bumping me to the next lane.( that was a little rougher then expected but it's sprinting) Then we really gaver over the last hill and into the finish. I was in 4th going into the finishing stretch and then we began the frantic double finish, this time i felt super strong. I ended up making some ground up and past one skier moving me into 3rd spot just coming short of 1-2 place. I was lucky loser for a while, till one of the last heats came in with a blistering time too, which ended up knocking me out by 1 second. OH so close to moving on. But for me i skied just like i wanted and that is all i can ask for.



I was 15th for the day which is the best ever result for a Canadian Man in a sprint at the Olympics. So i was really pumped about that. And that i was able to add a good result for our team to keep the ball rolling as Ivan started all of us off on the right foot the first day. I was able to enjoy the evening with my Family and friends and fans in the Whistler village enjoying the atmoshpere which was awesomeness!!!!!