Monday, January 25, 2010

Final Prep

Final Prep


I have Been home for almost a full week. The travel home went well and i received all my bags and was super excited to see my wife and sleep in my own bed again. The trip to Estonia was very good. I had a great race in the classic sprint with a super strong field. I qualified 28th and then ended the day in 29th. I had a few tactical errors through the race but felt strong in the heat. That is sprinting for you i may have felt strong but with some pore decisions and a small tangle up near the finish i went from finishing in the top 20 to 29th really quickly.

Now It's time to relax get over jet leg. After that it's volume time. Which will be fun we have a couple small camps planned in Kananaskis which is an amazing ski park and doing this with the Olympic team is going to be great bonding and allot of fun.

A couple days ago we named the Canadian Team officially. It was really exciting for me and it was the first time i felt that the Games where around the corner and i had goose bumps as i was introduced and put the Official Hudson Bay Olympic jacket on.
I am super pumped for the world cups in Feb5-6th in Canmore to happen. I love the new sprint course which really flows great with my strengths so will see what we can achieve. Hope to see ya on the trails there.